Quilt ADD in therapy

My photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love a wide variety of styles and techniques encompassing both machine and hand work. I am a longarm quilter who can work for you. I enjoy any style, from pantographs to all-over to full custom, ranging from traditional to modern. I love bringing vintage tops to life and am willing to work with a challenging quilt top. Instagram: lyncc_quilts

Sunday, July 5, 2015

BOMs Away - Kelly's "Strolling the Block"



Welcome to the Link-Up for BOMs Away Mondays!
We'd love to see the BOM you're working on lately.
This week's link-up is at the bottom of the post.


It has been a very, very long time since I've worked on Kelly's BOM quilt! Finally, though, I had a first-Sunday without wedding prep or activities, so I pulled it back out and did the quilting on the July-August-September row and its frames. It's all free motion on my table-top machine.



Fun crops:  The fireworks in July. Last night, as Devon and I were watching a show, a neighbor set off some beautiful (and highly illegal) fireworks that were perfectly framed in our picture window. You'd almost think we ordered them up special for our own enjoyment! 


Too bad I didn't have dark sparkly thread for this part.



I had fun putting in atypical wave reflection lines in the August sky. It works in the whole block's context. :)



And September's science-nerd schoolboy under the swing tree - Kelly's son, Brady, ought to get a kick out of him. (I'll be sending this quilt to him.)



If you've "known" me for a while, you already know that my first-Sunday BOM time is spent working on my cousin's UFOs (most of which were BOMs, anyway). She was like a sister to me, and died very young at 46 from a heart condition. So these are nice days for me to reminisce about Kelly as I work on her projects.

And then I came upstairs and saw how nicely the delphiniums have broken out over the last two days!




~*~*~*~*~

How about you? Did you get any work done on your BOMs? I really like seeing how you're coming along - it inspires me to keep plugging away on mine.  :D

4 comments:

  1. Your Delphinium are gorgeous! I love how you take the time to do hand embellishments! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That embroidery and quilting looks great!!
    Great to have your private firework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet way to remember her by working on her projects. I remember that BOM. I have plenty of UFO's I should be working on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful BOM blocks - so many wonderful details Lyn, a person could happily gaze at this quilt for a long time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I answer each comment via email. Sometimes, though, the system fails to notify me that a comment has been left, and if you are a "No-Reply" commentor, I cannot respond. Also, I apologize for having to block anonymous users - too much uncivil spam was coming through to leave the comments completely open.