Quilt ADD in therapy

My Photo
Colorado, United States
Other than my family, the passion of my life is quilting. An eclectic, I love any and every style that makes me smile. Traditional? Awesome, especially with historic or family story connections. Modern? Fun! Free! Cheery! Paper piecing? How cool can you get?

Friday, January 24, 2014

Flimsy Alert! ~ Bohemia

This fun kit was such a fast sew, I was able to put it together last Saturday!



It is the "Bohemia" quilt by Jason Yenter for the fabrics of the same name by Julie Paschkis. I just love the whimsical nature of it all and the six animal panels.

It actually doesn't have those outer blue and green borders - the flimsy is pinned onto a finished quilt so I could hang it for the month even though it won't get quilted for a very, very long time. . . (But the borders look terrific with it, don't they?)




It's a very fun finish point since thesis work gives me incredibly little sewing time compared to last year, and my "real" quilt work is a never-ending epic quilting journey with my 25th anniversary double wedding ring monster.

Can I get a Whoop, Whoop!?   ;D   (Love Sarah's link-up - it's the perfect place to share flimsies!)

And now back to my search string about Disney artists visiting the Japanese American internment camps of WWII. . .

6 comments:

  1. That fabric is gorgeous! And the pattern is nice, too - visual without being too busy. It looks great on its "borders." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fabric :) A very beautiful quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not one to celebrate kits, but that is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I purchased the panel and the pillow case panels but not the kit since I have so many projects ahead of it. I just couldn't resist how cute it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have something go together quickly, and it's awfully pretty! WTG!

    ReplyDelete

So glad you stopped by! I'd love for you to leave a note, but mostly I just want you to have a nice day!